Kimberly-Clark is lead supporter of the SMART Girls program, which gives girls of all ages the space, support and tools to navigate adolescence and emerge as strong, healthy young women.
Kimberly-Clark has supported BGCA since 1977, including its generous 2005 investment to develop Family PLUS (Parents Leading, Uniting, Serving). This program helps build Clubs’ capacity to partner with caregivers in positive youth development, ensuring families have opportunities, networks and assistance to realize their children’s aspirations.
The company recently provided a $1 million grant to update the SMART Girls curriculum, which addresses topics such as:
- Emotional and physical changes related to pre-pubescence and puberty
- The importance of a balanced diet and exercise
- How social media influences attitudes toward girls and women
- Relationship management and responsibilities (romantic, platonic, familial)
- Sexual health including pregnancy and STD prevention
Kimberly-Clark and its global brands are an indispensable part of life for people in more than 175 countries. Each day, nearly a quarter of the world's population trust Kimberly-Clark brands and the solutions they provide to enhance their health, hygiene and well-being. To learn more, visit kimberly-clark.com.